Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Disneyland Paris

I went there. I loved it. I was relieved beyond belief that my cast member comp tickets from 2010 actually worked. :)

I have this sneaking suspicion that the foreign parks have better shows because they aren't restrained by certain safety laws. Not that I'm complaining about safety laws. I did a little research before coming to Paris and found out that the big rollercoasters here (Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain) are supposed to be some of the best in the Disney Parks and I have to say--I might agree. Big Thunder is built on an island, but you board on the mainland. The train takes you under the water twice! And Space Mountain shoots you forward fast now, like you're blasting off. SM was a little too jerky for me, but it was still fun. They also have an Indiana Jones rollercoaster that goes upside down. It was fun. :)

Walked through the castle, took lots of pictures, saw a Tarzan show that was absolutely AMAZING (tumble monkeys!), and watched the 20th Anniversary Parade. Which blew my mind. Loved seeing Merlin and the Blue Fairy, who don't get out in the parks much.

We're doing the other park tomorrow, on our last day of this amazing summer. More from me then!

No comments:

Post a Comment