Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Cliffs of Moher

Wow. The gorgeous west coast of Ireland is partly made up of sheer cliff faces that reach 200 meters (approximately 600 feet) high. I just walked across the top of them, sometimes with nothing between me and the edge. Apparently lots of people died here. There were a couple of ancient watch towers that warned the locals when enemy ships were approaching. The view was just breathtaking! In the middle of our visit, I experienced my first real Irish rainstorm. Rain in Ireland is cold and wet and frequent! Now I'm back to trying to stay awake on a large bus that's driving on tiny roads. I will do my absolute best to post pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I waved to you as I flee over Ireland this morning but I don't think you saw me. I'm at a lake next to the mountains north of Milan now. You should try Italy for your next adventure.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flew. I flew over Ireland. I wasn't fleeing!

    ReplyDelete