Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cohb, Not Cove

My bad.

 I return to my blog with a new favorite, though this location touched me on a much deeper level than any of the others have. I say this as reverently as possible, even at risk of sounding like Flynn Rider:

I want a cathedral.

Not to own, just to be able to look at and sit in. I've studied the architecture of cathedrals and the theory of the Latin Mass for years, but there is nothing like actually being there to witness it all for yourself. I walked into St. Colman's Cathedral and was spellbound from the very first. An organ was playing the most beautiful music I have ever heard and I easily lost twenty minutes soaking it all in. There were stained glass windows everywhere and the ceiling was so high above me! About halfway down the center aisle I turned and looked back and saw the entire organ pipes nestled under the traditional rose window and it took my breath away. Standing in the middle of that giant rebuilding, listening to songs of worship and praise, was by far the best part of this trip. I felt so close to Heavenly Father in that moment. Words really can't do it justice, so I'm going to leave it at that. A parting thought for my brothers (particularly for Jordan): the inside of the Blarney Castle is straight out of Zelda. I literally felt like I had walked into the forest temple. I'll post pictures. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment