Thursday, July 12, 2012

And My Kitty Died and My Pants Won't Stay Buttoned...

I thank my dad's family for teaching me that no matter how bad things get, things can still always get worse. That's kinda the day it's been, though there were some good things too. We went to the British Library and the British Museum and saw a lot of really old things--manuscripts, styli, helmets, music. OH, the music collection at the library! I got to see Handel's copy of the Messiah, along with some Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, and Ravel's Bolero! I think I spent more time at the music exhibit than anywhere else at the library! I did also get to see some original manuscripts from books I cherish: the Hobbit, Winnie the Pooh, and Harry Potter. There was a lot of walking and a lot of smoke in the air, but the bright side was that we were around King's Cross Station the whole time, so we went to get our pictures taken at Platform 9 3/4 (yes, you CAN do that, but it's not technically where it should be. You have to pay to actually get on the platforms, so they came up with a way to satisfy the Harry Potter fans by putting the entrance right outside the ticket barriers. I got the picture. Of course, immediately following that I dropped my camera on the ground and now it's broken. The trip's barely half over, and we haven't even hit the big things in London yet. Kinda put a damper on my day, though I'm trying really hard to be grrateful that all the pictures are still on the card and I still have the phone to take pictures with. It still stinks. Dispirited, I came home to find that my toothpaste was gone. Our rooms were cleaned today, and whoever was wiping things down forgot to put it back. Needless to say, I'm not having the best day. I think I shall go read for the rest of the evening to get my mind off of things. Sorry for the downer post. We're going to Canturbery tomorrow! It's another cathedral, at last! I think the white cliffs of Dover are on the agenda too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment