Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm Alive!

I've had another week of London since the last time I posted, but it has been a rather unfortunate one: I got a cold! A bug has been going around the girls and I was one of the lucky few who caught it, despite my efforts not to. So that means that most of the last week was spent recuperating and trying to breathe. Fortunately, this cold came when everyone else went to Paris, so while I did miss out on some more London time, I didn't have to worry about being in class while I was sick or about missing out on group trips like some of the other girls had to do. And honestly? I still got out of the flat at least once a day to go see things or follow Marie around while she shopped. I consider myself incredibly blessed. So...Here's the quick notes version of what I've done this past week: -Walked by West Ham Football Stadium -Talked to some missionaries in South Ham (one was frrom St. George and the other was foreign) -Went with Marie to the Primark again so she could buy more clothes--she really appreciated the discounted prices. -Attended an evensong service in St. Pauls Cathedral (it's a prayer service they do every evening that is half singing and half sermon/prayer.) -Saw Dark Knight Rises, again because Marie desperately needed to go and wasn't allowed to go alone. I will say that I enjoyed the movie, despite the purseful of tissues I had to bring along. -Toured Westminster Abbey and saw Handel's grave in Poet's Corner. It was BEAUTIFUL. Easily my favorite thing to do in London so far! -Ate duck for the first time in Chinatown. It was delicious! -Saw the giant Olympics countdown clock in Trafalgar Square -Climbed all over the giant lions in Trafalgar Square I love London. I know I said this on Facebook, but London may be my favorite place in the entire world, barring, of course, Disney Parks. London is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment