Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tower of Terror in London

I forgot to say that we almost very nearly died today. Exaggeration, yes, but we were still scared and a little bit panicked. Long story short, we got stuck in an elevator with a large Spanish family at the museum. It started rising, stopped abruptly, then bounced like the Tower of Terror, and when I say bounced, I mean it fell about a foot before some kind of emergency lock kicked in. And then the calm British recording announced that the lift was out of service while we all exchanged looks of shock and horror. Fortunately Alexis and I kept our heads enough to try to fix things. The elevator somehow returned to the previous stop and let us off, at which point I realized I was shaking rather violently. The poor Spanish mother collapsed against the wall in relief. Have I mentioned before that lifts here don't have weight limits? I may never use one in Europe again. That sort of thing isonly fun at WDW. So I am grateful to be alive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment